Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Off to the SUNYAC Championships: Kristen Mooney and Erin Luke


Excitement is in the air as the Brockport Men and Women’s Swimming and Diving teams are about to  head off to the SUNYAC championships at the Burt Flickinger Center in Buffalo. 

Looking back on the season, there have been a lot of changes on the team.  During the 2010-2011 swim season, both the women’s and men’s team finished up the season with a record of 2-8. This season, both teams finished the season with a record of 6-2, a significant difference from last year. This year, we have also grown as a team, forming bonds and friendships that I know will last for a very long time.

At the beginning of the season, we each sat down and wrote some goals, both personal goals and team goals. I think it is safe to say that individually we have each checked off at least one goal this season. As a team I can very confidentially say we have crossed off numerous goals.

As we hop on the bus I can say there will be a lot of emotions in the air- excitement, nervousness, anxiousness. And all of these emotions are certainly bittersweet. We all have a lot more goals to cross off our lists. Our coaches have put hours and hours into perfecting our strokes, turns, starts, and dives and it’s now time to put it all to the test. It’s time to prove to our school, parents, families, friends and most importantly ourselves that we have worked really hard to come as far as we have. At the end of the day, as long as we dive in that water doing what we love, I know we will each get out of the water knowing we did what we came to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment